Zoe has spent the past 20 years crafting a portfolio career at the intersection of industry, research and government, including:
– Creating/consulting to businesses that deliver social impact (her own ventures include manufacturing non-toxic paint and a blockchain-based provenance platform deployed in Asia)
– Serving as a Non-Executive Director/Chair of the Board for several organisations in the social enterprise/innovation space (including Young Change Agents, The Mill House Ventures and CBRIN)
– Advising government on policy development (with a focus on innovation and economic development)
– Building connections between industry and research (including developing a platform showcasing Australia’s research expertise)
– Mentoring start-ups and young professionals looking to proactively shape their careers
Building partnerships, solving complex problems and finding innovative ways to keep things moving forward are at the heart of what Zoe does best. Working on a diverse portfolio of engagements sees her regularly shift between boardroom discussions with senior leaders, on-the-ground training of micro businesses in emerging economies, deeply technical conversations with leading researchers, liaising with tradesmen on construction sites, pitching to investors, policy discussions with Ministers and more. This background allows Zoe to understand issues from multiple viewpoints and ensures she brings a unique perspective to any role she takes on.
Zoe is an experienced media commentator and speaker, regularly sharing her insights around how to thrive in the future of work.